Gate.io will Retire Old Liquidity Pools and Return Users' Liquidity Funds(Please Choose New Liquidity Pools)
Introduction to the new liquidity pool: Gate.io will upgrade certain markets to Automated Market Maker (AMM) mode(add 50% transaction fee as bonus)
Gate.io has officially launched a centralized Automated Market Maker (AMM) service. This allows most of the new and non-mainstream coin markets to gain similar liquidity as Uniswap. This also allows users to enjoy a low-cost and high-quality user experience on a centralized platform.
The new rules are as follows:
1) Fixed 0.3% commission fee for both Taker and Maker (temporarily consistent with Uniswap, subject to the needs of both market parties)
2) A fixed percentage (such as 50%) of the transaction fee will automatically be changed into GT through the open market and put into the AMM Reward Pool.
3) Anyone can become a liquidity provider (LP) and get the transaction fee rewards from the liquidity pool and GT rewards invested in the liquidity bonus pool.
4) Liquidity providers provide liquidity to the market, but they need to bear in mind the risk of impermanent losses (for example, if the market price doubles, the impermanence loss is about 7%, and if the market price drops back to the original point, the impermanence loss disappears)
5) Liquidity providers can take their bonus and withdraw at any time
We will retire and delist the old liquidity pools after 04:00 (UTC) on August 1, 2021. Users l can move to the new liquidity pool and participate in liquidity mining.
Please note: When the old liquidity pools are delisted, all unwithdrawn funds will be automatically withdrawn and will not be added to the new liquidity pool again. Please be aware.
Click to enter liquidity mining or view the tutorial below to participate.
What is the Automated Market Maker (AMM) mechanism?
Through the automated market maker mechanism, the liquidity provider (LP) can earn trading fee revenue by providing liquidity to the market. The order takers offer fees to the LP in exchange for lower slippage. Through this mechanism, the market needs of both parties are well matched, allowing LPs and takers to get what they want.
What is an impermanent loss?
It refers to the loss of capital due to spreads that occur when the price of a digital asset changes after an investor has deposited in the automated market maker liquidity pool. Irrespective of how the price of the digital asset changes, inpermanent loss will occur and the larger the spreads, the larger the loss.
What is liquidity mining?
Liquidity mining is a method of acquiring more cryptocurrencies by pledging cryptocurrency. It is a new trend in decentralized finance (DeFi) that allows cryptocurrency investors to fully utilize their crypto assets and receive higher returns. Anyone can participate in the eco. Simply put, this means locking in cryptocurrencies to receive rewards.
What are the benefits of providing liquidity?
Users can earn market making dividends by adding liquidity to the market. By adding liquidity, funds are injected into the pool, and the fee revenue earned from automatic market making in the pool is distributed to the liquidity provider in proportion to their share of the pool. Liquidity can be accessed in real time without any commission charges.
Science: From Market Maker to Liquidity Mining, How Important is Liquidity?
Why is Gate.io Liquidity Mining Great for Low Volatility?
Science: What You Need to Know About Investments in Liquidity Mining Products
Gate.io is a Cryptocurrency Trading Platform Since 2013
Top ranking, Trustworthy, Transparent
Download iOS/Android App right now.
Follow us on social
July 30, 2021
Click "Open in browser"
Download in your browser